In this post: Hide
American Express and its online booking platform Resy will reimburse diners up to $99 per person at a few restaurants in LA, San Francisco, Miami, New York, DC, and Chicago through the end of the month. I usually don’t write about restaurant deals, but this has the potential for extraordinary value, so I’m making an exception to highlight this promotion.
How does it work?
The promotion, “Dinner On Us, All Month Long,” is slightly confusing. On the next three Mondays (the 14th, 21st, and 28th), Resy will release reservations for a small selection of restaurants (usually six or seven) in a few major US cities at 10 AM local time. If you make a dinner reservation at a participating restaurant on one of these three Mondays for a meal on Wednesday of the same week (the 16th, 23rd, and 30th), Amex will cover $99 of your bill per person for up to six people in your party. In other words, if you make a reservation at a participating restaurant for a party of six, Amex will reimburse you and five friends up to $594.
Which restaurants are participating?
Participating restaurants are as follows:
- Wednesday, August 16: & Sons Ham Bar (NYC), Kismet (LA), Kin Khao (SF), TenGoku Aburiya (CHI), Ellē (DC), Krüs Kitchen (MIA)
- Wednesday, August 23: Txikito (NYC), Great White (LA), Outerlands (SF), Lula Cafe (CHI), Revelers Hour (DC), Lion & the Rambler (MIA), Semilla (MIA)
- Wednesday, August 30: Tuome (NYC), Madre (LA), Brenda’s French Soul Food (SF), Cherry Circle Room (CHI), St. Vincent Wine (DC), Fox’s Lounge (MIA)
How to get a reservation
Since only a few restaurants are participating, only a few reservations are up for grabs. Last Monday was the first day of the promotion, and reservations filled up in mere minutes; I’d recommend setting your alarm for 9:55 AM on Monday and refreshing the app or website until you see availability for your desired restaurant.
Alternatively, if the restaurant is open at 10 AM, you can call in or go in person to make a reservation. I can’t vouch for this method’s success, but I plan to try it tomorrow at Lula Cafe.
Also, remember that, as the name suggests, you have to make a dinner reservation, not a lunch or breakfast reservation, to be eligible for reimbursement.
The fine print
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- You can make reservations through Resy.com, the Resy App, a Resy-owned channel, or directly with the restaurant.
- If you make a reservation over the phone or in person (i.e., without using Resy), Amex will reimburse you if you show evidence of a Resy account upon arrival.
- Only one reservation can be made per person per restaurant.
- A 20% tip will be automatically added to the final bill.
- The credit of $99 per person will be applied to the final bill. In other words, the credit will cover tax and gratuity.
In collaboration with Resy, American Express has unveiled an enticing offer for food enthusiasts across select US cities: a reimbursement of up to $594 for dining at specific restaurants on set dates. With a cap of $99 per person for parties of up to six, this promotion presents an exceptional opportunity for diners to indulge in some of the finest culinary delights without the hefty price tag. Slots are filling up quickly, and just a few restaurants are participating, so remember to set your alarm and act fast. Opportunities like this are rare, so make the most of it.