If the idea of flying into the glitzy city-state of Monaco on a helicopter intrigues you, you’re in luck. British Airways has partnered with the Monaco Government Tourist & Convention Authority to offer a “Passport to Monte-Carlo” promotion, which includes free round-trip helicopter transfers to and from Nice Côte d’Azur Airport (NCE) when you book a flight and hotel package with the airline.
The big catch is that, unfortunately, this offer is only available to UK passport holders and/or residents.
Thanks to AMH over at DansDeals for pointing this promotion out!
Terms and Conditions
There are a few important terms and conditions you should be aware of:
- Eligibility: To take advantage of this offer, you must be a UK passport holder or a UK resident. There’s appears to be a contradiction between British Airways’ marketing website (which says you have to have a UK passport) and the official terms (which says you have to be a UK resident), so this criterion might be subject to clarification.
- Package Booking: The offer is valid only when you book a flight plus a hotel package with selected partner hotels. For September, the minimum stay requirement is four nights, while for the period between 1st October and 18th December, a minimum stay of three nights is required.
- Group Size: The booking must be made for 2-8 passengers. Unfortunately, the offer is not available for solo travelers.
- Booking Deadline: All bookings must be made by 17th December.
- Advance Booking: Book at least seven days before your departure date.
- Transfer Timing: The helicopter transfer is available only between 08:00 and 16:30.
- Luggage Limitations: Each adult is allowed one standard-sized bag (60cm x 45cm x 25cm) that should not exceed 21kg, along with one handbag or briefcase.
But wait, there’s more! Besides the helicopter transfer, you will also get a free shuttle bus transfer from the heliport to your hotel. Plus, to ensure you’re fully immersed in the Monegasque culture and lifestyle, you’ll receive vouchers for entrance to various museums and attractions within the Principality of Monaco.
This offer has the potential to be a terrific deal. With three-day holiday packages starting at around $400, you’re essentially getting accommodation, flights, and two helicopter transfer for the cost of a round-trip helicopter flight from JFK to Manhattan. It’s disappointing this offer isn’t open to non-UK citizens and residents, but it’s nice to know there are still travel perks to being British after Brexit!