In this post: Hide
What is the Lufthansa First Class Terminal?
The Lufthansa First Class Terminal, or FCT for short, is an entirely separate terminal at Frankfurt Airport open only to international first class passengers flying from or transiting through Frankfurt and members of Lufthansa’s most elite status, HON Circle.
Who can access the Lufthansa First Class Terminal?
You can access the lounge if you meet one of three criteria:
- You are departing Frankfurt in first class on a Lufthansa or SWISS flight
- You arrived in Frankfurt in first class on a Lufthansa or SWISS flight and are departing the same day on a Lufthansa, SWISS, or Austrian flight in any class
- You are an HON Circle member and are departing Frankfurt on a Lufthansa, SWISS, or Austrian flight in any class
Access does not depend on whether you purchased your ticket with miles or cash, or upon whether you upgraded to first class from business class. In other words, when it comes to FCT access, as long as you have a first class ticket with your name on it, it doesn’t matter how you got it.
Can you bring guests with you into the Lufthansa First Class Terminal?
You’re allowed to bring one guest along, but only if they are traveling on the same flight you are. This means that they can be seated in any class, but must be on your flight for FCT access.
When is the Lufthansa First Class Terminal open?
The lounge is currently open from 5:30 AM to 10:00 PM. This is subject to change, so check here for official hours.
How do you get to the Lufthansa First Class Terminal?
How you get to the FCT depends on where you’re coming from.
If your journey begins in Frankfurt and you’re being driven to the airport:
- Enter the First Class Terminal as your destination in your rideshare app or tell your taxi driver to take you to the FCT. There will be a marked exit on the airport road that will bring you straight to the entrance. Easy peasy.
If your journey begins in Frankfurt and you’re taking the train to the airport:
- Once the train drops you off, follow signs for the exit. Exit on the arrivals level and turn left and walk along the roadway for about 5 minutes. The FCT is not particularly well signed for pedestrians so you might think you’re on the right track–keep going! You’ll pass a waiting area for taxis and black cars and a very small coffee shop. Walk a bit further and you’ll see the large, metallic terminal. Walk through the automatic double doors on the ground floor and turn left to take the elevators up one floor where there will be staff waiting to check you in.
If your journey begins elsewhere, and you’re transiting Frankfurt:
- Once you clear immigration, leave the terminal and follow the same steps above. Unfortunately, there’s no way to get to the FCT without leaving the terminal, even if you have a connecting flight.